• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0L HO question

jeep.kevin

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 cherokee in need of a new motor the old one is getting a little tired, my question is will the Renix intake manifold from my 89 fit on the High Output version of the 4.0L (91+ engine)? and if so will my Renix system be able to support the motor as far as fuel delivery etc.

I'd like to have the few extra ponies that the HO offers but im not willing to do a complete harness swap to do so, I understand the Renix system well now and want to keep it. Any help is greatly appreciated as always guys!

Alot of guys are going to say you need to swap the head over from the renix motor and technically you should...

but from experience the renix system will run the HO motor complete, all you have to do is swap the intake manifold over

The HO isn't magic for crying out loud. Use your Renix intake/exhaust gasket, dizzy, valve cover, flywheel.

Be sure to remove one of the plugs in the driver's side coolant galley of the 91 motor for your CTS. Do this before installing the engine. It's a 5/16" square drive. I've done this swap more than once. Easy.

Im kinda doing the same thing "Engine Swap" I have a 89 that is being stripped down, I just bought a 93 with an HO. The motor in my 89 is brand new, in the 93 about 245K. So it should be a direct swap?

Back