• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to make my rig look less soccer mom like...

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2" BB on and 30s, in the middle of installing a 3" right now. She does work, but looking at pics it appears a little weak.

381752_2797985039077_1542048728_32744745_203811769_n.jpg

I ordered a Nates 4x4 front bumper to go along with the 3", but what else would help? I am thinking I need wider wheels with a bigger backspace, and maybe some flares? Any suggestions welcomed. Do not really have a huge budget for the XJ so I can not lift more or get bigger tires right now.

If you can, fab up a rear tire swing bumper.
Soccer moms don't have time to open the swing to put the balls in the back.:D

instead of 3" go 4.5, remove the flares, chop the front fenders/ cut fold the rear, ditch the 30's for 33's.

You wanna do things to make it look less like a MAV (mormon assault vehicle, as said here in UT) but it all costs $$$ that you say you dont have for the time being... Best thing to do is ditch doing the 3" lift for now since you wont notice much of a difference and be disappointed you did all that work. Save up and find some decent used tires, look around for a little taller lift either used or new, set some goals and save up for it or buy a few things here and there till you have a nice pile of stuff... Then take a weekend and put it all on. It will go from how it sits to holy sh*t that looks mean. Just my $.02

I have a 2" BB on and 30s, in the middle of installing a 3" right now. She does work, but looking at pics it appears a little weak.

381752_2797985039077_1542048728_32744745_203811769_n.jpg

I ordered a Nates 4x4 front bumper to go along with the 3", but what else would help? I am thinking I need wider wheels with a bigger backspace, and maybe some flares? Any suggestions welcomed. Do not really have a huge budget for the XJ so I can not lift more or get bigger tires right now.

I like my XJ looking mundane, draws less attention from law enforcement and potential thieves.

soccer momish
betsywhenIgother.jpg

Not soccer momish
2011-04-21_17-19-25_415.jpg

S7301004.jpg

you can add your 3" to your budget boost to make the total 4.5" i'll be doing that to mine here in a week or 2, and i'm looking for a deal on some used 32's. i'm At 2" on 30's meself.....

oh yeah, and gets lossa stickers. not the ones with pictures of all your kids or soccer balls, though. go to an offroad shop and beg for free ones, or order a locker or some other neat accessory and they offten come with stickers.

oh yeah, and gets lossa stickers. not the ones with pictures of all your kids or soccer balls, though. go to an offroad shop and beg for free ones, or order a locker or some other neat accessory and they offten come with stickers.

"KEEP HONKING I'M RELOADING" or some similar slogan across your back window will help.

I trimmed the fenders and raised the stock flares up. It makes the whole jeep look better and lets you fit bigger tires and it's free. They should have come from the factory this way. The fronts are real easy, the rears take a little more time to cut & fold. I have a 2" BB also and I am running 32" tires. 31's would have been better but at least it doesn't look like a minivan anymore.

There are a ton of websites and naxja threads about trimming XJ fenders. If you really want to see pic's of mine, pm me your e-mail address. Good luck.

Back