• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior mods

RescueGreenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Started this on another forum, and thought I'd try it here as well....any pics of interior storage mods, post 'me here.....

Here's mine:

4c64a758-b865-a824.jpg

4c64a758-b88c-99c0.jpg

4c64a758-b89b-e7c5.jpg

4c64a758-b8ab-1226.jpg

www.rescuegreenxj.wordpress.com

RescueGreenXJ.wordpress.com

I don't much care for those types of mag light mounts for the sole reason that one has come out of it's mount in a rollover and tagged me in the back of the head. Digging the carabiner mounted supplies though, nice idea :thumbup:

that is a good idea, might steal that one

I found a bunch of Chevy Tahoe tie-down brackets at the junkyard and went crazy with them.

Tahoe_Tie_Downs.sized.jpg

First the cargo floorpan, taking care to miss the gas tank

Then the back of the rear seat, after reinforcing it

Netting_Loaded_Upright.sized.jpg

Then the hatch panel, with lights and 6x9 speakers

Panel_Tie_Downs_Installed_1.sized.jpg

Bunch of other mods but that is on-topic for what we are talking about here

do you have a write up for how you did the speakers and lights in the hatch? iv been wanting to do that. i go to alot of concerts and tailgating isnt the same without speakers in the hatch

that is a good idea, might steal that one

I found a bunch of Chevy Tahoe tie-down brackets at the junkyard and went crazy with them.

First the cargo floorpan, taking care to miss the gas tank

Then the back of the rear seat, after reinforcing it

Netting_Loaded_Upright.sized.jpg

Then the hatch panel, with lights and 6x9 speakers

Panel_Tie_Downs_Installed_1.sized.jpg

Bunch of other mods but that is on-topic for what we are talking about here

Very nice.....awesome...

RescueGreenXJ.wordpress.com

Here is what I came up with for mounting my ARB switches.

I used an ARB flush mount bracket with the 90* tab cut off and a couple extra holes in it.

This sheetmetal panel is behind the dash panel, and here's the dash panel we notched as well.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The paint didn't quite come out how I wanted it to, but I ran into a time constraint so I will go back over it when I get a chance.

I can't find my camera anywhere or else I would post pics. I don't usually carry a lot of people in my jeep so I folded the back seats down and layed my 31 in spare at a slant (like a pick up bed mount). The tire leans in beatween the front buckets on the folded up seat bottom. Then I strapped it down to the seat hardware just inside the rear doors with a ratchet strap. I stow a cheater bar, two shovels, tarp and wool blankets under the tire.

The cargo area has my tools and fluids. The cargo area and back seat area are seperated by a Rangler cargo barrier net.

I need tyo find my camera- this probably sounds like Swahili....

do you have a write up for how you did the speakers and lights in the hatch? iv been wanting to do that. i go to alot of concerts and tailgating isnt the same without speakers in the hatch

...right... my hatch trim is ???? after I busted the clips off removing the thing. I figured that since it doesn't contribute to getting the Jeep to the end of the trail, it's unnecessary. However, having a rockin' sound system (minus a big ol sub box that I had for about 3 months, and producing copious amounts of 'ghetto rattle') is nice for the road trips.

Last edited:
Here's what I got for a solution to carrying my 31" spare. Once I get my roof rack mounts off the roof and onto the gutter I will probably put it up on my rack. Ultimately I want a nice tire swing bumper...

DSC04008.jpg

Here is my rear cargo area. The barrier net adds some piece of mind in a collision/rollover. Tool bags and such are pretty heavy!

DSC04007.jpg

Back