• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Leaf clamp ideas?

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of my XJ on XJ bastard pack. Just wondering if there is a cheap home brew for spring clamps. Already have $50 in the leafs and $20 in U bolts. That's more then I planned.... thanks

We have a local place here that re-arches springs. I dropped by and they sold me two clamps for $5 out the door. Not worth messing with for that amoung.

Some flat stock, a bolt, a vice, a hammer, and a drill
Or swing by the spring shop, they might even have some used ones for free

We have a local place here that re-arches springs. I dropped by and they sold me two clamps for $5 out the door. Not worth messing with for that amoung.

Same thing I did. $19.00 out the door for 6 clamps and 2 bolts/nuts.

When I build the leafs for the rear of my DD (Crown HD leafs + old stock main leaf), I simply unbent the stock clamps so the tabs were straight up. Drilled a hole thru then and put a bolt across. Keeps the leafs from getting misligned, yet allows them to fan out for better droop. No need to go buy new clamps, use what you already have.

They were rusty, and pising me off, so I cut them all. The tab broke on first one anyways. But I did think about reusing for just a minute. haha

RIght parts make it so much easier......please do it right. Also, bastard packs suck. Went from those to OME leafs and Holy Hell does it ride better! Those clamps are cheap, like old man said.

Back