• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can one find a 3 link suspension lift?

cabledawg84

NAXJA Forum User
Where is a source to find a 3 link suspension lift? I am currently sitting on 3 inches of lift and want to one up grade from the sheet metal tabs and brackets to heavier metal tabs and two to get better parts go taller. I have heard 3 link is the way to go and I am having a time finding someone who sales them. Any suggestions and also is 3 link really better than a 4 link?

Thanks

Clayton offroad, rock krawler and frohelic suspension manufacture 3 link suspensions. I don't have any experience with a three link or 4 link suspensions since I run a radius armed long arm set up. Good luck!

Thanks a ton! My neighbor and me will fabricate a lot of the stuff ourselves but i figure it will be cheaper to get the lift kit from a manufacturer than build it. But thanks for all the help.

I just put the BDS 4 link on mine and I love it. I like the idea of being able to run it as a 4 link for the street and a 3 link for rockcrawling. Its a really nice setup and the warrantee is top of the line.

I just put the BDS 4 link on mine and I love it. I like the idea of being able to run it as a 4 link for the street and a 3 link for rockcrawling. Its a really nice setup and the warrantee is top of the line.

why the eff would you take a link out when you go offroad?

because a 4 link binds, captain :rolleyes:

not enough to justify taking out a link chief :rolleyes:

with the poly or rubber bushings that come with a 4 link that are meant to deflect to take up the bind, taking a link out will typically allow axle hop to ensue.

and now your axle is kept from rotating by a single 10mm bolt. not 2 like before, but thats another discussion altogether.

It does?

If a 3 link is stong enough on the trail then why run 4 links on the street?

not as bad as a radius arm, but there is generally a small amount of binding in a parallel 4 link w/trackbar

Back