• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 35 grinding noise

CheifCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, i have a dana 35 with a detriot trutrac and 3.55 gears, (i know i know im working on a 8.8:banghead:) but for now im crusin around on a 35 and i noticed the other day that when im turning to the left while cruising down the highway i get a slight rub/grinding noise. ive had to replace the passenger side wheelbearing and seals twice already in the last 6 months. i dont think its anouther bearing because there isnt much play in the shaft, i just did a checkup on the rear drums as well and saw no unusual signs of wear.. its only when i vear to the left when the bodyroll kinda puts some force on the axle

i hate my 35... but doesnt stop me from wheelingg... the 8.8 is on hold till i order gears and install kit, spring perches were welded on a week ago

Don't forget to weld the tubes to the centersection as well.

What gears? Ditching the LSD carrier while you are at it?

The no-slip is a lunchbox type correct?
Do you have a LSD carrier?
I have heard of some using the metal discs from the LSD to make up the missing material in the LSD carrier, but at $50 or so for a new open carrier, it seems not worth the risk, esp. With the carrier being the weak point to begin with

Back