• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Melted heater fan switch connector

oldcancer

NAXJA Forum User
so here's the deal, a little while ago, my heater stopped working, so i pulled off the HVAC panel cause i'd heard that these cherokees like to melt the connector dack there, well, as it turned out, mine was melted to the point where it pulled out the pins on the fan switch, so i got a new fan switch, i was going to get the connector pigtail from the dealer as well, but when i found out they only carry the whole harness, for 140 bucks or so, that was a no go (the fan switch was 15.95) so i did a little talkin with the electrical guy at work, and he told me that the heater panel on my jeep should be the same as a few GM vehicles as well.....hopefully ones that don't melt the connector, seeing as i'll be scouring the junkyard for this....which leads me to my question....

would anybody happen to know which GM vehicles might have the same heater panel, and thus, the same connector?

because if mine was that bad on my 94, i'd imagine that most of the ones i find in jeeps at the junkyard will also be melted to the point of uselessness

Take a look at the sticky about parts at the top of this forum. You might be able to get a brand new connector.

not looking like the connector is in there, though my fan switch was, good to know i ordered the right one (they even had the canadian part number listed)

however, now i do know there are other vehicles with the same switch
(ford, mercury, lincoln, kia, GM, ect)

also made note of the fact that there are several different versions of this switch
(the only difference appears to be the mounting bracket)

so as luck would have it, if there may happen to be an 07 ford truck there, i may be able to score a newer non melted one

i am also posting what i found out when i read that sticky so that it may be easier to find in a search if someone comes up with the same issue

also read up on a couple other forums, and yes, i will be buying a new blower motor/ resistor as they are most likely fubar'd as well (seems to be the running cause of the melted connector)

Last edited:
Back