• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 1994 XJ

Dr. Jeckel

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 xj that bought back in June, completely stock, and have been working on it since then. It is a 4.0 aw4 np231. It still has stock axles w/ 3.55 gears and 8.25 rear.
I installed an IRO 5.5" longarm lift, tnt sub frame stiffeners, currie steering with a driver side flip and 33x12.50x15 BFG KM2's.
I made front and back bumpers, tc and fuel tank skid, rock sliders, truss for the D30, skids for the LCA axle mounts, shackle relocation brackets, cross over shock mount, and raised the shocks even with the axle tube, and trimmed/folded the fenders. I also made some bump stop extensions for the front and rear.
I have also replaced the radiator, water pump, t-stat and added a tranny cooler.
Upgrades will soon be 29 spline rear axles, front 4340 27 sppline shafts and aussie lockers front and rear with 4.56 gears.
Here are a few pictures and a link to more.
P5280309.jpg

front.jpg

rearflex.jpg

frontflex.jpg

withsliders.jpg

More pics at: http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb233/DrJeckel_Hyde/XJ Cherokee build/
I used to be into hor rods and have recently switched over and have been having alot of fun. Here is a link to some of my past cars: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2528385/1972-gmc-c-k-pick-up

Love the site,
James Hyde

TO the O.P . Great Job. A lot of work! Just wondering what your experiance with the new composit control arm has been? Any notable handing issues on payment?

Not sure what you mean by "composite" but the road manners seem fine to me. I have zero bump steer or any negative road manners. It rides better than my old wj with a 3" lift and 31" tires did.

Thanks, the tire and high lift are mounted on a swing arm, which is made from 2x2 square tube and hinges on a 1" grade 8 bolt and uses a 5/8" bolt to secure it to the bumper.

Back