• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much play in tranny mount?

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
Here is a link to where this started with a pic:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1076116
I jacked up the pass side of the axle and it was nowhere near the bump stops yet and it wasn't even close to threatening the tranny line against the oil pan, so I starting looking elsewhere. I put the heel of my hand under the transfer case and I was able to push up on it enough to visibly see it move on the mount. It didn't move much, maybe 1/8" but im thinking that I shouldn't be able to flex it by hand (Im no hulk).

Thanks for any help or thoughts

1/8" movement is normal. If you think it is excessive, installing a new transmission mount is not that difficult. The local NAPA has new ones.

Good deal, thanks. Any other thoughts if the bump stops, motor and tranny mounts dont seem to be the issue? How else would this tranny line crush?

Im off to the parts store for CCV and tranny line repair parts...

Before you just put stock lines back in it reroute the lines then no more crush

Maybe somebody at Jeep screwed up the design. Maybe the motor mounts are getting old. Relocated the trans lines or alter the bump stops a little bit to prevent the crushing from happening again.

Back