• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel adapters and spacers.

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
So I kinda shot myself in the foot when I put on these JK rubicon wheels. Right now I've got 1.25" adapters, and 255/75/17's. I wanna jump to some 285/75's, but I KNOW they're gonna get ripped to shreds on my LCA's. The 255's are already close, probably less than an inch away at full lock. No way in hell do I wanna run spacers coupled WITH adapters. Any ideas how I can widen the width or am I stuck with what I currently have?

or sell your adapters, and look for wider adapters?

You might actually have space. 30 extra milimeters is only 1.2 inches. It should be evenly split, meaning they should only move 0.6 inches closer to the LCAs. If you get an opportunity sometime, test fit one at work.

I am thinking of the right guy, correct? The one that works at a tire shop and just had issues with his treadwrights? :)

2 weeks ago I installed a 3" RC lift on my buddy's 96 so he could run those JK wheels with the stock 255/75s(paid $600 for basically brand new/<200mi wheels and tires). We used the 1.25" spidertrax adapters. I did have to adjust the DS wheel stop to prevent the tire from rubbing the inner well, not the lca, so as said, .6" more inside tire width wouldn't be all that much more. The way it sits now with the 3" lift and JK setup is awesome!

Yea I love the wheels to death especially after painting them all, but I would like a little wider tire. I'll have to find a tire an fit it. And I'll definitely look into adapitusa.

Ad yes darky that's me :) I don't work for a tire shop per say though, I work for Lexus.

Well here's the other kicker. I'd like to hack and get some flat flares, but their coverage is 4.5 inches. Right now my tires sit perfectly even with my flares, which would give the bushwackers about 2" of overhang past the tire. That would look HELLA goofy.

So I kinda shot myself in the foot when I put on these JK rubicon wheels. Right now I've got 1.25" adapters, and 255/75/17's. I wanna jump to some 285/75's, but I KNOW they're gonna get ripped to shreds on my LCA's. The 255's are already close, probably less than an inch away at full lock. No way in hell do I wanna run spacers coupled WITH adapters. Any ideas how I can widen the width or am I stuck with what I currently have?

I've run TJ Rubi wheels (16") and 285/75's with 1.25" billet adapters with no LCA rubbing.....so is the 17" wheel BS different than the 16"?

Back