• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle shim question? No not pinion angle thread

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So my new BDS 5" leaf springs arrived today. Wooot! Woot! They came from BDS with a 6* aluminum shim and my current 4.5 RE leafs I'm running have 4*. I do have a set of steel 6*. Is it safe to think the shims that came with the leafs are going to be correct and just swap the aluminum for steel? Or will I have to play the on and test, off and test game?

I guess this is related to pinion angle... Lol

Do you have vibs now? If not i would try it with the 6 first, cause it will be a little higher when you install the new springs.Install the steel ones.

Yeah def the steel ones will go in. I kinda knew the answer after writing the thread. I just really hate doing the on/off/on deal. Guess I've done it to many times already with RC crap failing and now RE wearing out to. My fault fo going with used leafs. Pretty sure these BDS leaf will solve all that though. These make RE and RC look like toys.

Last edited:
Back