• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 xj stalling issues

blitzkrieg28

NAXJA Forum User
ok so my gf has been having some issues with her 99 cherokee. it originally had a jumpy idle and if you let off the throttle while driving the rpms would not drop. if you shifted into n while driving the rpms would race to 3k.

i replaced the tps, cleaned the iacv and the throttle body. i checked for vacuum leaks and found a small one between the intake manifold all the way to the back of the engine. the racing idle has stopped, the poor idle is rectified but now im having issues getting to to shift properly as well as when it shifts its stuttering and the rpms drop rapidly then power comes right back.

im picking up a new code reader now to pull the codes and ill post them. past that any recommendations other than fixing the small vac leak? anything else i should look for before i send it to the mechanic?

Is the Check Engine Light on ? If it is, your Jeep is trying to tell you what is wrong.

ok so im an idiot, i bent on of the connections or it was bent out of the box and the tps was not all the way plugged in.

check engine light is gone, it was throwing codes for the p0122, p0123 but they are now gone.

everything seems back in order. no stuttering no stalling. last thing im left with is a 1500 rpm idle. which is much better as the vehicle is now driveable however i would likee to get it down to 800-900 range as thats where it used to be.

can i just adjust the small threaded pin so that the spring is allowed to close the valve more or do i need to make some sort of change to the tps?

Back