• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for a new steering setup, any ideas?

jeepster35

NAXJA Forum User
So im looking at a few steering setups for my xj and i came across the otk setup by IRO, anybody run this setup? any issues? http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...=IROR&Product_Code=IR-TOTKS&Category_Code=XST

im currently running the 3" rc lift full leaf packs in the rear n a 1" spacer to level it out. i got the rc adjustable track bar and 31 duratracs. im looking to upgrade the whole steering (gearbox and all) before i eventually lift it another 2", regear both axles, put a sye and cv driveshaft in and run 33's. any other kits people tryed? thanks

i have a post about twitchy steering and sloppy steering with over the knuckle steering designs.if i had known that i was going to have sloppy steering,twitchyness and a dead spot at time. i would have not done a over the knyckle conversion.

i have a post about twitchy steering and sloppy steering with over the knuckle steering designs.if i had known that i was going to have sloppy steering,twitchyness and a dead spot at time. i would have not done a over the knyckle conversion.
the otk has nothing to do with the sloppyness. it in fact would make it better. its the inverted t design combined with a steep drag link angle

I have no problems with iro steering. It's a little more work to do an alignment and need rims with atleast 4"bs

Last edited:
I've heard nothing but great things about serious 1 ton. I just ordered the UTK kit with inserts Saturday. Can't wait to get it put on

Alright thanks guys for the info. i checked a few of them out and ill probably give the serious 1ton kit a try. hopefully i can save a few pennies up and order it. it'll probably be one of the first things ill start for the new year. ill post some updates once i get started on the xj.

I ran into Ruff Stuff's Y link lastnight. I think I'm going to pick one up.

Any one know if thats a UTK?

if they ship the big tie rod end unmodified you can ream it out to be otk or utk

just call dan at ruffstuff for confirmation.

Back