• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery/prototype Rustys Trac Bar

midnightrunxj

NAXJA Forum User
Or Bent????...lol

Anyone ever seen a Rustys trac bar with this much bend?
Bought it second hand and is installed on my Xj with 8.5" lift

photo2-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

Judging but the kink in the tube it looks slightly bent to me.. I wouldn't take a Rusty's TB if they were given to me for free!

Last edited:
i was given a rustys trackbar before. i threw it away.

For reference, this is what my rustys TB looked like at ~8" of lift. Notice how that short section near the axle mount is parallel with the axle tube. Yours isnt, which makes me think its either slightly bent or the frame mount is too low.

wj76oj.jpg

Time to relocate that track bar bracket to the top of the axle... Too many bend (places to fail). That is the worst looking track bar design ive seen...

There is no kink in the bar, Its just the lighting in the garage. I'm running the Rustys drop TB bracket too. I thought that thing looked weird. Anyone recommend a good TB that will work with the rustys DB? Oh well at least it rolled out of the garage:)
376126_313344275366957_100000741624190_985390_541391924_n.jpg

Anyone recommend a good TB that will work with the rustys DB?

what is the inside measurement on the frame side mount?

most johny joints are 2.5" wide.

my RE track bar uses a heim, that is only 2" wide (with the misalignment spacer, originally single sheer, i use it with a RE double sheer bracket) and their double sheer track bar should be 2" wide as well.

i tihnk the IRO track bar uses a narrower joint...

long story short, measure your mount, call around and find something that will work. or build something. its not hard.
PS - get rid of the rustys crap if you can.

Yea Yea Yea... Rustys haters.. I know. Ive run rustys on many different jeeps for years with no problems. But everyone has problems. I guess I will take some measurements tonight and see what I can find. I was under the impression that when the rustys TB failed it was the threaded joint that failed and not the bar? Thanks for the help guys.

Yea Yea Yea... Rustys haters.. I know. Ive run rustys on many different jeeps for years with no problems. But everyone has problems. I guess I will take some measurements tonight and see what I can find. I was under the impression that when the rustys TB failed it was the threaded joint that failed and not the bar? Thanks for the help guys.

My rustys tb broke where the threaded bung was welded into the bar. Ripped completely out while driving down a dirt road. I would get that bar off there asap.

I did the same to my TNT bar.

DSCF0001.JPG

I never bent the Rusty's bar I had years ago..lol

Back