• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Road Camping Trailer

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Bald-Solo-Shot-Large.jpg

For those that are interested here is the website with much more information:
http://www.kodiakap.com/

I know there has been lots of interest in these in the past and just thought I would pass on the information on a new one.

Michael

Any idea on price? I would love to get something like that, but the prices I've seen for similar setups is usually pretty high.

Any idea on price? I would love to get something like that, but the prices I've seen for similar setups is usually pretty high.

I have no idea. I will see if I can find out some ball park costing for you in the next day or two.

Michael

Weights around 750lbs!! That is incredibly light for what it is.
Cost is less than $10K bare bones and up to $16K fully loaded.

He is working on some other cool designs that should be out over the next year or two.

Michael

I'm sure it's worth every penny. Would snatch one up in a heart beat at around 5K but for ~10K I could convert an M416 and get a mid 90s Cummins Dodge.

I'm sure it's worth every penny. Would snatch one up in a heart beat at around 5K but for ~10K I could convert an M416 and get a mid 90s Cummins Dodge.

I've got a very nice converted M416 and next year I'm paying close to $20K for a trailer from Moby1
http://moby1trailers.com/moby1-xtreme-terrain/

My trailer is fine but doesn't even come close to the fit, finish and design of these modern tear drops.

10k ? OMG...
for barebones. thats just crazy talk. i thaught they would be in the 5k range. theres nothing to them. and have little options. wow. i should have got a template off the last one i did.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32357&sid=52f3aafb53e581f4395de87dc57f1063

the lamanated frame, vac bonded walls is the coolest thing they have going. very cool consept. just outragious on the priceing.

Bronze.

Really? I guess your not there intended market:shhh:
It is the nicest I have seen at the most reasonable price.

Michael

Michael

XJ drivers are cheap for the most part, I would have a hard time pulling $10K+ behind my $3K vehicle.

I dunno about that. Wheeling a corrctly built jeep is anything but cheap.

Any new tent trailer will run you well over 10k. Its all in perspective.

Michael

figures. i just know more than i should, working where i have for as long as i have. And that comment, sounds almost like a challenge to me. i also think thats the most sarcastic responce ive seen you give on the forums...THX

Bronze.

I'm with John 10k and up is nuts for something like that I don't get it. Other then John I don't know how many other people have really worked on an RV but once you pull the skin off theirs not much to them. I see about $1500.00 in materials there.

money is probably in their R&D time, items like this cost a bit of money to perfect the design and then market it. I wouldn't expect they see a huge market either so they would need decent markup to make up for the low volume.

I've got a very nice converted M416 and next year I'm paying close to $20K for a trailer from Moby1
http://moby1trailers.com/moby1-xtreme-terrain/

My trailer is fine but doesn't even come close to the fit, finish and design of these modern tear drops.

I also would not use it enough to justify the cost. Are you selling the M416 and do you have a ballpark price?

figures. i just know more than i should, working where i have for as long as i have. And that comment, sounds almost like a challenge to me. i also think thats the most sarcastic responce ive seen you give on the forums...THX

Bronze.

Sarcastic, yes. Challenge, no.

Look, most of us are not the intended market for these trailers. There has been lots of interest in them in the past and I simply posted up a new one. Personally, I think it is by far one of the nicest off road tear drops I have seen and I think the price is reasonable for what it is.

There are plenty of other alternatives like the cargo trailers with pop up tent variety also. Lets be honest, it is like comparing apples to oranges, they are nothing like the same product.

Some RV's are garbage, some are very well built. Not many can really take the abuse being pulled behind a Jeep, I think this one has a chance, it is not built cheap.

We are not talking about 1 off units. We are talking about a production facility with a supply chain, built in america with as much american made content as possible. RV companies have been going out of business left and right for the last several years. I have seen several new start ups and some of them might actually make it, but it isn't going to be easy for any of them.

XJ drivers are cheap for the most part, I would have a hard time pulling $10K+ behind my $3K vehicle.

Joe, don't kid yourself that $3K is all you have into your Jeep:looney:
I can understand not wanting to pull a $10K trailer behind it, there are plenty of other alternatives including a tent.

Michael

Joe, don't kid yourself that $3K is all you have into your Jeep:looney:
I can understand not wanting to pull a $10K trailer behind it, there are plenty of other alternatives including a tent.

Michael

I wouldn't tow that behind my wheeling jeep, I would pull something like that behind a mild "expedition" type rig. $1000 Jeep + $2000 parts is reasonable for something small and capable.

Back