• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TM 12/17

Gasman

NAXJA Forum User
I'll start the thead since I had the most "fun". :D 4 rigs (Josh, Daniel, Charlie and me) showed. Ran Predator, no problems. Was a few puddles that things a bit more challenging. Went to LT, played around a bit on all the obsticles. Josh's engine started acting up so he turned around. Got to the buggy line at the end (on the left) and decided to try a new line after watching Charlie nail it. After a few attempts, found the line and got up. But in my celebration I tried to drive over a large rock outcropping (that just minutes before, I said out loud "I need to avoid that or I'll roll"!) and promptly rolled. There happened to be a couple well placed rocks that prevented a barrel roll to the bottom. There was no way to get a vehicle with a winch to the side that need to be pulled on to upright. After some head scratching, Charlie and Daniel came up with the idea to use my own winch, with a snatch block off a strap around a rock up the side of the hill, back to strap attached to the rear of the cage. Got that hooked up, started winching and rig was almost upright when the section of rock the strap was around broke. Down the rig went again. We dug out around the rock and repostioned the strap again. This time it held and was able to pull it back on all 4. After removing the plugs to make sure no oil in cylinders, it fired right up. Amazingly the only damage is dented fender and roof line. I somehow managed to avoid breaking the windshield 2 times in a row now. I'm guessing it's number will be up on the 3rd time...

The cage, harnesses, and helmet all did their jobs and no injury. So the moral of the story is you can't put a price on safety!

Much thanks to Charlie, Daniel, and Daniel's wife (sorry, name escapes me at the moment) for making the recovery really smooth. Now out to the garage to pound out some dents and get ready to go for next time!

I'm glad to hear you're ok.... Now where are the pics :D

Don't worry, Daniel is going to be more than happy to post them. His wife got pleny of shots.

I'll be back to try that one again. I know what direction NOT to go in once I get up. :D In my partial defense, the front end started to pivot away from said rocks so I guess I thought a tap on the gas would move it more but instead it hooked up, up and over I went. Also guess I should listen to the people yelling stop!

ttiwwip.gif

Pics will be forthcoming biatchs... You should have shown up to mock in person that's way more fun trust me.. Really.. Wife has to get them downloaded and is currently putting the little one down right now so keep your panties on..

themud

Here's the little one and the big one with their first ride together in the heep and his first jeep outing period..

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

and here's a picture of "that guy" he of course will know what I mean..

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

And now to one of the harder recoveries to facilitate due to absolutely zero places to winch off of..

Sorry the pics are far away that's the closest I'd let the photographer shoot from while we were winching..

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Their's you pics biatchs so quit yer crying and next time show your butts up and have a good time too..

themud
:moon:

Oh and the last one of the big helper I swear he did it all himself..
IMG_0122.jpg

Last edited:
And now on to the main event...
Grab you seats campers because Matt sure had a hold on his without using his hands..

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Thanks for putting up the pics. Whole different perspective. Sometimes pictures don't do justice but I think these 2 illustrate how lucky I got. The first one clearly shows the downward slope. The second shows the rig resting on that rock under the fender and where I would have ended up if it had not been there. I guess with all the crap rock stackers get, I owe whomever put these here a thanks LOL! Someone stacked those, they weren't there in the past.

Back