• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended rear brake hose?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a D44 with Explorer 8.8 rear discs and I have it set up to use the stock Explorer brake hoses.
The stock driver's side brake hose that was on there was plenty long enough but, I recently had to replace it and the the one I bought is now too short.
I know I can straighten and remount the hard line to gain some extra length but, I was wondering if there is an extended length version out there somewhere as I haven't had any luck finding one.
The hose incorporates the driver's side caliper hose into the tee.
Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Hans

do it the easy way. Longer hose from the body to the axle (plenty of threads on what ones) from there use steel line to the mount you use to hold your hoses from your calipers to the axle tube. Get rid of that poor designed O.E.M ford "T" hose.

No, the easy way would be replacing "the poor designed OEM Ford designed Ford "T" hose" (which I happen to like) with a longer one.....since I already have monting points welded onto my axle tubes and the resulting set up looks like factory.

The original hose was much longer than what I replaced it with and could easily handle the increased wheel travel.

If I exhaust my search, I'll replace it with a '96 Dakota hose and redo the lines as you suggested.

Thanks,

Hans

Back