• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ sudden electrical mayhem!!

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
4.0, 4 Door, AW4, manual windows and locks.

Jeeps been well maintained, rarely trailed and never submerged. In the past 3 months, she's been having some random electrical issues. It started with a Left tail light and license plate light stop working, ran a lead from the other tail light and it's been fine. Didn't fix LP light yet. Next, the intermittent wipers kinda worked for a month, now it's just low and high speeds. Following that, the cruise control and horn will quit working. Usually the horn will still work while cruise isn't working, but the only time the horn does not work is when the cruise isn't working. (that I've noticed at least) Then after a few hours of sitting, or maybe a few restarts running errands, the cruise and horn will be normal. Now the blower fan for my ac/heater is having fits. Work great for weeks, then not work for a few days. I've checked connections, and fuses, and replaced terminals. I'm at a loss of words. She only has 130,000 miles on her. My other two XJ's are a 92 and 95....they have nearly 200 and 300 thousand miles on each. NO Chrysler crap wiring. Any advice as of where to start or anything at all would be great....Thanks, Josh.

maybe check for good grounds. according to my 99 fsm, the wiper switch and rear lights share ground terminal g108....should be near the headlamp switch.

Back