• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap i have e brake questions

PowerRam1987

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm swapping in an 8.8 this week and its already setup for a cherokee. came out of my friends jeep that just got a 60/14 bolt swap. they had an auto and never bothered with the e brake. i've got an ax15 so i'd like to make it work (not the end of the world though). what are my options here since i don't know whats up with these ford rear discs really? i have access to plenty of fords as i work at a garage/junkyard

i ordered all my extended brake lines from them and it was a good price so i assume it will be the same experience with their e brake cables

Use the stock brake cable on your jeep. Wrap it around the ebrake lever and put a Crosby on it. That's what most do.

i used the stock e brake cables from the 8.8. i broke down two sets and made it work on my mj. used the stock mj cable op to the point where it splits and the ford parts spliced in after that. they are kinda long might not work on a cherokee

I usually install ZJ or TJ disc brake cables. You have to be a bit more creative on 97 and newer XJ's...Exploded cables will work with some modding.

Good call on using Canton Crown store.

Yeah there's no cables on my axle so I had no idea what the connections looked like. Probably just grab a good set of cables off a exploder and figure it out/make it work

Back