• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ps pump swap???

Taro2413

NAXJA Forum User
is there a direct swap for the ps pump or reservoir swap for an 87 xj? my original unit was leaking from the plastic reservoir at a few diff points on the seam. So i replaced it and had to take it back 3 times already for the same problem of leaking at the seam on the plastic tank. Is there a fix for this or am i just doomed until my luck changes? On a good note ive gotten really fast at changing it out lol. thx for the help

What exactly did you replace?

i replaced the ps pump which came with the reservoir. Had to get the part from autozone because napa and oreilly didnt sell a pump that came with the reservoir.

Are you using real power steering fluid, or transmission fluid?

You might try getting one from rockauto.com

Never seen this problem before. But we are hearing more and more about all sorts of bad parts of the shelf everywhere.

using power steering fluid. i cleaned everything off and drove it around for a while and when i came home that was where there was a drip formed. no fluid anywhere else except on the bottom point of the reservoir where the glued or melted the 2 pieces together. Getting really annoying having to keep doing this over and over. Is there a pump/reservoir swap that i could do to get a metal reservoir or am i just stuck till i get one that doesnt leak.

Back