• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37s 4.56s or regear to 5.13s

87xjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have 35s with 4.56s d30/9" combo. Now but I am swapping the d30 for a d44 wich needs to be geared and going to 37s. Question is should I just gear the 44 to match the rear? Or regear them both to 5.13s? I also drive it quite a bit.

Last edited:
go lower. i run 5.38s with 38s and wish i was lower. it was awesome with 35s

Ive got full width 44/9 heavy front and rear bumpers and armor and a automatic and it's way way better than 4:56 I had b4. I used to constantly drop in to second to keep speed up the mountains and now I rarely have to. With OD on I'm about 2500-2800 on the highway at 70-75ish

Thanks for the advice guys going to go with the 5.13s

id still go a little deeper if i were you.

you always hear of people complaining about not going low enough, but you never hear people complaining about going too low.

my last 50k miles or so were with 5.38's and 35's. loved it.

id still go a little deeper if i were you.

you always hear of people complaining about not going low enough, but you never hear people complaining about going too low.

my last 50k miles or so were with 5.38's and 35's. loved it.

5.38s and 37s you think will still be good going down the highway at 70? With a aw4?
Guess I will run the 5.38s

its fine.i put maybe 30k mikes on my rig with that setup. around 40k with 36s and 50k with 35s including a 10,000 mile trip across the country one month. 15 mpg in a fully loaded jeep with all my tools, 3 guys and all thier gear. the lower gears you have the less stress is put on the rest of the drivetrain.

its fine.i put maybe 30k mikes on my rig with that setup. around 40k with 36s and 50k with 35s including a 10,000 mile trip across the country one month. 15 mpg in a fully loaded jeep with all my tools, 3 guys and all thier gear. the lower gears you have the less stress is put on the rest of the drivetrain.

*multiple rigs :D

Back