• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5-5" lift

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
so ive been looking for a few hours trying to find the answer to this question and only now am i willing to embarrass myself with a post... currently im running a 3in lift on my xj and i was thinking over the winter i may go up to 4.5 or 5, however i know at that height i would need to do more than just the suspension stuff, but i hafta drop a this and that.... but what do i need to adjust in order to run a lift of that height? sorry for the dumb question...
Thanks everyone
Mike

ok, sorry i know i should have included that....
2000 sport, auto, meaning i have a aw4? 4 liter engine.. and its mostly stock.. only replaced stuff is shocks add a leaf and springs in front. other than that its stock under there. i dont know a whole lot about exactly what they are, not sure how to find out either... awkward.. sorry.:bawl:

At minimum (besides the springs and shocks obviously) you'll need some LCA's (preferably adjustable) and an adjustable track bar.

what are you doing in the jeep. wheeling or just mall crawling?

Front- coil spacers or 4.5 springs up front, at least lower control arms, lower the brake lines or get new ones, and new shocks
rear- i would get rid of the aal and do a bastard pack or full springs, shocks

what he said ^

well, i dont plan for a mall crawler =P and thank you bob and scott. that was exactly the answer i needed. thanks!
-mike

go big or go home i would go long arm get it out of the way new springs front and rear sye on ur tcase or u can run a dodge 231hd with sye already on it and longer brake lines and possibly longer drivelines i would go with a zj drivline and longer shocks basically easiest way i think to do it is find a wheel tire and lift size u can surfise with for a good long while and go from there but going bigger means ull be playing bigger so i would go with armor first

Definitely don't forget about adjustable upper and lower control arms. I think somewhere it says you can get by with stock uppers. I tried myself! Finally got some adjustable uppers and can't be happier. Pinion angles are dialed in perfectly. Also you can get some relocation brackets for the lowers. At 4.5" like I am the ride is pretty rough cause of the angle of the lowers. I haven't personally tried them cause I don't mall crawl my ride but lots have and they say it helps a lot!

I haven't personally tried them cause I don't mall crawl my ride but lots have and they say it helps a lot!

Well there isnt any mall crawling here :thumbup:
thats exactly the info i was looking for, also looks like this will run me more than what i was thinking... Saving starts.... now.
Thanks everyone

Back