• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which end?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done with my suspension.
I'm running Delrin bushed flex joint at both ends of the lower control arms,
they flex like mad but, transmit a fair amount of road noise so, I'm considering replacing one end with a rubber bushed version.
Which end is preferable to replace...the axle or frame end?
Thanks,

Hans

Frame end.... Look at most arms, the flex joint at the axle, bushing on the frame.

JUstin

X2 on axle end.... But where did you get the Derin bushing flex joints?
Bought them off of Avery (Cracker) http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1073256 ....but, they're identicle to the one's that Rusty's sells.....they really are nice quality and BEEFY.

I built some arms out of 1 3/4" DOM (nearly 3/8" wall!) and tapped the tubing instead of using threaded bungs....can be adjusted for length/caster without removing them.

Frame end.... Look at most arms, the flex joint at the axle, bushing on the frame.

JUstin
Yeah, after thinking about it, it would probably dampen the noise better if they were at the frame end.....thanks Justin.

Hans

A bushing should go on the frame end, it usually doesn't take as much deflection as the axle end.

Road noise??? :twak:

:D

Back