• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thrust washer measurement

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
Was planning on installing an Aussie into the front d30 today and ran into a problem. The instructions tell you to install the side gears, thrust washers and cross pin into the carrier and take a measurement. The spec is .006 to .02 per side for a total of .12 to .4". I've got about .065" So I'm not sure if it is the thrust washeers or the carrier. I've been searching for about 45mins but can't find either the thrust washer thickness or the thrust washer to thrust washer mounting surface distance for the carrier.
Anyone know either of these? REALLY hoping it is only the washers but have no way to check. TIA

not sure. you can buy new thrust washers and (at least for an 8.25, not sure about a 30, my washers were fine in the 30 when I installed my aussie) you're supposed to install the ones that give you the best match to the spec, they come in a set of ~3-4 thicknesses.

I think you mean .012 to .04 not a total of .12 to .4, because .12 to .4 would be insane! .012 to .04 makes more sense because it is exactly double the .006 to .02 per-side spec.

Back