• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

boomerang shackles and relocation?

BruteNasty

NAXJA Forum User
search gave me nothing.

Right now i have the hd shackle relocate, but running stock shackles, which sucks. since the shackles are so short when they try to fold back they hit the relocate brackets, and its cutting through the shackle, not to mention not letting the tire tuck at all. my buddy has a set of boomerand shackles laying around he doesnt use. Any idea how these too would work together?

I run the RE boomerang’s with the HD relocation, they work great. I installed them backwards, bend towards the bumper. This allowed the shackle to swing up into the relocation bracket without wedging the wide part of the shackle in to the bracket.

Do you have pics of the boomerangs and HD brackets? I have the relocation brackets and have same problem with Alcans and 2" straight shackles. Thanks in advance, sure may be the answer!

I am forum illiterate and can’t figure out how to post pictures. I was able to add a picture to my profile.
I am running Deaver P28 leafs, there about 1.5” taller than the Jeepspeed G9’s.

Here's a few pics. 5" Full Traction Leafs, 1" TNT Boomerang shackles with HD shackle relocation brackets. Great ride, great flex, no issues.
100_2526.jpg

100_2553.jpg

100_2549.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

I mounted my shackles the other way. I did some test fitting before I bolted the spring to the shackle and found I could get more rearward swing out of the shackle by installing them backwards. I love the set-up, tons of flex and a very smooth ride.

Here's a few pics. 5" Full Traction Leafs, 1" TNT Boomerang shackles with HD shackle relocation brackets. Great ride, great flex, no issues.
100_2526.jpg

100_2553.jpg

100_2549.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

How much final lift did you end up with. I am looking at various options to keep my lift minimal on 33's (want 3 1/2 in max) and I am definitely going with shackle relocation bracket in the process. Hi-jacking a bit, but definitely related.

How much final lift did you end up with. I am looking at various options to keep my lift minimal on 33's (want 3 1/2 in max) and I am definitely going with shackle relocation bracket in the process. Hi-jacking a bit, but definitely related.

I have around 5" of lift in the rear. There's extra weight in the back with my drawers and fridge. I guess the relocation brackets were good for less than an inch (1/2").

I mounted my shackles the other way. I did some test fitting before I bolted the spring to the shackle and found I could get more rearward swing out of the shackle by installing them backwards. I love the set-up, tons of flex and a very smooth ride.

Interesting, I may look into that. I get good flex as well, but always looking for more with leafs.

Back