• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard front seat upgrade?

dcampbell98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im not sure if this has been asked or answered before but i was at the local junkyard today and saw an over abundance of Grand Cherokees of all years in the 90's up to 2000 and most had leather front seats. would these seats be swappable to a 98 XJ without too much modifying?

A simple search of NAXJA finds that ZJ Grand Cherokee and WJ Grand Cherokee seats will bolt onto the 1995.5 - 2001 XJ Cherokee seat base/floor slider.

sorry about that, i was searching but didnt find anything cause i wasnt asking correctly

There's four 13mm nuts holding the seats to studs on the slider/base. The seats are bolt-on, but you must use the XJ bases. I have '95 ZJ Limited leather buckets, on XJ powered bases in my '96 Country. I'm working on re-upholstering the back seat to match. I hope the sewing machine can handle the leather...

Back