• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anybody tried using a caravan coil pack on a 2000-2001?

5150mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
Out of curiosity i was wondering if anybody has tried replacing the standard long coil pack with a coil pack from a caravan and run ignition wires. Same harness plug and could be a good answer for those not wanting to run the 0331 head. Could also help in troubleshooting.

What kind of caravan would u be able to use it off. I've already got a different head on my 2000 and my coil rail is just sitting on the top of the plugs bouncing around

Now would u use a set of jeep plugs wires or have to find a set that fit. And the plugs in are the same because I may try this iv don't really care for the coil rail

Thanks for the link, I think a caravan coil will work, I just wanna try it, run some fat MSD wires,,,,

I recommend checking out the JEGS 8.5mm wires. I got em for my 1991 Grand Wagoneer and they are very high quality, and made in the USA (and like half the price of MSD).

I did. Just wondering if there was any further benefit with the caravan coil specifically.

i.e. higher output, better durability, less expensive...

Back