• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control

outracing

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if any one else had encountered this or knows how to fix my cruise control problem.

The issue that I am having is that I have just installed an advanced adapters SYE kit on my xj. Since the install, I no longer have cruise control. My speedometer works, and the light comes on, but even if I am at 50mph, my cruise control won't set. Is there a fuse or perhaps a line the I should check out? Thanks for any help!

-Jason

So okay, no one seams to know. So here is the deal. I'll post my findings in case some one else needs the info.

While working on getting the SYE kit in, I had the hood open. When I was all finished, I closed the hood, but when I did so, I dropped the prop rod. When it fell, it fell in such a way that it severed a vaccume line right there by the cruse controller. I replaced the line with a small section of hose, and now the cruise works.

Back