• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello, I am new here. Just bought a bunch of Rusty's stuff and need a game plan.

doug714

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I just bought (or was sold) a few items from Rusty's Offroad, I don't know where to start with these items listed below. I have an 88 Comanche stripped down to bare bones (kinda), Just a frame, no engine/tranny, interior,bed and just stock suspension.
Where do I go from here? I mean, What is the best approach with some Rusty's parts....ie.:
RK-800LT-MJ
RS-SC300-UV
AACOMBO1
RS-SB75-XJ

I need some advise from someone who has been there, done that if possible. I guess that I am looking for what order to tackle all of this for most ease. Any recomendations?????
Thanks for any advice in getting my rig closer to being finished!

Last edited:
MJ 8" long arm kit
MJ OTK Steering with track bar
AA SYE w/ Tom Woods Shaft
Steering box brace

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Looks to me that you have everything you need to stick 35's on the MJ.

Do you help with installing it? Are the kits complete?

First I'd start by finding some 5 or 6" coils to replace the 8" coils with. Then start installing it all.

Got some pictures?

Welcome to the Club. If you join the Club you can get pretty cool discounts with our vendors. You should give it a try.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/payments.php

First off, have you wheeled before? If not, wheel it stock before you throw it sky high and run er wide open. Make sure you armor it up if you care about the body and make sure it has solid recovery points.

I am looking at my RK-800LT-MJ Kit, Has anyone installed this on a Comanche? I believe the first step is cutting out the Lower control frame mounts (which I am about to do to get this started), I could use some specific advise/experience notes on this particular kit. The instructions are more for the Cherokee, sure would like to know the "Comanche" instructions.!!:helpme:

game plan:
if this isnt your daily driver, regardless of if your mechanically inclined or not, but a couple 12 pack and invite a couple friends over to help. youll be a ton less frustrated and the install process will go faster... typically.

MJ's have a sheet metal gusset over the stock lower control arm frame side mounts.... this is just an extra step. I hacked and beat them off, however theres a picture floating around of the mount complete, removed by drilling out the rivets..... if this is possible, it is definately the way to go!

Not that specific kit, but i installed a RK 3link up on front of an mj, the kit being designed for an xj, it didnt quite fit PERFECTLY... Hopefully rustys has tweaked their kit, instead of just bundling a mj suspension thinking mj's are the same, back of the cab forward.

Back