• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

when i try to take key out of ignition the horn sounds??

buzxj

NAXJA Forum User
99 xj 4.0 auto, was running fine, parked it yesterday and removed key, horn blares until you put the key back in the ignition and turn to the on position or start the jeep again. Any Ideas?? Buzxj

Unplug the horn?

I'm with Ron. Unplug the keyless entry module and see if it still does it.

I can't think why it would do that unless something was seriously shorted.

This is my first post. I also have a '99 (2-door, 5-speed 4.0 4WD), and I have a similar concern. Every time I turn the ignition switch from on to off, the horn chirps. It's the same every time, and it acts as if I'm locking the doors with the remote. Trouble is, I don't have a remote. I've looked at the wiring diagrams for the horn and the anti-theft system, and the overhead module is the only thing I can find that would cause this. I'm not sure if this is how it is supposed to work or not. My GF has a '98, and hers doesn't chirp when you turn off the ignition switch. Did you ever find out anything about yours?

Back