• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some advice

ruger81

NAXJA Forum User
So this last weekend I went in a snow camping adventure very awesome... but my steering I got into a couple situations that I could not turn any ideas for me. My pump is 2yrs old and my box is stock fluid level good

Re: some advise

So this last weekend I went in a snow camping adventure very awesome... but my steering I got into a couple situations that I could not turn any ideas for me. My pump is 2yrs old and my box is stock fluid level good
My stock box was the same way.. When i swapped it out for my Durango box i was Very happy with the difference. but over the weekend the durango box started getting hung up and leaking real bad at the pitman arm..

My durango box has always had a super smooth 1-finger operation in all conditions until then!

WJ pump and a 4.5" pulley.

Beauty of being locked in the front! Durango box helps a little but best way way is to a budget hydro. Tap. And port your stock box and get a cheap ram and lines built.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Steering big tires, in deep snow, can seriously heat up the power steering fluid.
Did the problem occur after driving in snow for a while? If so, did the steering return to normal after cooling?
Do you have a power steering cooler?

Steering big tires, in deep snow, can seriously heat up the power steering fluid.
Did the problem occur after driving in snow for a while? If so, did the steering return to normal after cooling?
Do you have a power steering cooler?

I was driving for a while but I was in snow ruts about half way up my 33s with the front un locked and it wouldn't turn at all. So I locked it and gassed it and still nothing.

I was having problems with steering after going to 35s so I installed a cooler and genright overdive pully and put in royal purple fluid. For ~140 bucks it steers much better now but I have yet to take it wheelin yet.

Where did you get this said pulley? Im running 33s still

I went with a WJ pump, ZJ trans cooler as a ps cooler, and Durrango box and it was able to bend a ZJ tie rod. but that was bound up leaning against one tire on 35s.

Maybe Dustin? He politely asked a while back for us not to post tech in our section. It was quite a while back so I don't know if you may have seen it.

Dave

I know who did.... I wish I was having a problem with my t case so I could ask the nwc for help

My guess would be that a moderator moved it because it was in the wrong forum.

I assume you're still on 33's.

Do you play in the snow a lot? You should be able to turn 33's in snow with stock steering but if not...

Here's some seriously cheap hydro assist steering.
http://www.offroadsc.com/showthread...-thread-(revisited)&highlight=Steering+assist

Thanks for that link! I knew it could be done for a lot less than a psc or even red-neck, but that is insane! No reason it should not work as well as anything out there.

Back