• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ideas: out with the old, or keep it?

Love the raffle, but hate that there isn't a limit on tickets... I know this is a big fundraiser for the chapters, but with the younger crowd growing, but mostly on budgets, makes it hard for them to get a chance to win anything if they can only purchase 12 tickets, but x, y, and z other there have 150 tickets...

Again I know its extremely by chance and its a great fundraiser, but it can be disheartening to not win anything year after year... (Not entirely based on my own experiences as I did get a $300 Bushwhacker cert last yr, but I did spend a pretty penny to get it...)

Maybe possibly break the prizes down into categories like one section is called 'Greenhorns' and is only available to those who are at WF for the first time, or only those on green trail??? Just thoughts....

I do understand Austin, but like you said the raffle funds the chapter and allows us to keep the cost down, we make VERY little, if any money on registration/shirts. And we lose money on dinner.

I spent $150 on tickets last year and won very little, no where near my investment. I buy the tickets to support the club as much as I do to win.

Sorry, I don't see there being a limit.

Dan.

Again, you asked a question I simply stated a thought on it... I understand how everything works and that its not feasible. Pretty sure we're on the same page about it...

The adopt a newbie program I think is awesome and wish it was around when I first started goming 3 years ago, I think it should keep going as its something that can potentially pull in a lot of new comers...

Also, if the catered meal keeps being an issue as it has been, why couldn't we move the Friday night pot-luck to Saturday? I'm sure its probably been discussed and I missed the whereas and why-fores of it, but it always seems to be that there's a ton of food Friday...

There is only one issue with the dinner, and it has been taken care of.
As far as the raffle, some people make extra money during the year to buy tickets.
One suggestion for your raffle problem is we could set a minimum purchase price of $50.00.

Last edited:
only dislike i have is that nobody used mac`s stripper pole. this problem needs to be addressed.

only dislike i have is that nobody used mac`s stripper pole. this problem needs to be addressed.

werd

mac 'make extra raffle money' gyvr

I start saving for the raffle all year long...

mac 'some years it works out, some years it doesn't' gyvr

although i have not had the monies to go big on the raffle just yet i do agree, there are a few more people willing to spend big and without those who basically donate a few hundred extra bucks the whole thing may fail. so imo thank you to those that buy a bunch of tickets.

we touched on the subject of the checking in and signing in point. my 1st was confusing as hell. i think that at the vehicle check it should be either asked or told if this is a 1st and do you know what your doing. at that point they could be directed to another area where a WF volunteer would be waiting to explain to them in FULL detail everything from start to the ride home including but not limited to dinner, fire, camping, etc. even the possibility(if there is a large enough crowd) of them getting their own green group of all newbies.

Last edited:
the adopt a newbie program will be greatly expanded this year.

87 'working on it' manche

I don't know what the registration changes are, but hopefully the streamlining gets everyone on the trail sooner. Interested in hearing the changes.

This also may have been discussed, but I think it would be good to organize/lead some runs in the afternoons (after pics/lunch/etc). Or have the morning trail leaders make it well known that they will continue leading a trail in the afternoon, for those interested. It seems like a lot of people don't organize on their own group to head out for afternoon runs, leaving very few still out and about (at least on Sat). I know some like to bail early to get all snazzed up for the big show, but I think more would stay out longer with some organized runs.

I suggest holding the "classroom" session in the barn along the quarry entrance.

Back