• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front winch bumpers?

Mitchen

NAXJA Forum User
i have been looking around at winch bumpers and finally decided i need to get one so that i can have a winch. specifically because i am tired of digging out my friends either in nasty mud or deep snow just so i cant pull them out with a strap. and because i get stuck every once and awhile :cool:

i was looking at the JCR offroad front winch bumper in the pre runner style and i like it alot, i just wanted to see if anyone could throw out other options for me to look at. i dont want to spend more than 600$ on a bumper though because i would like to finish my axle builds aswell :cheers:

Buy one that't recessed, so that you don't block all the airflow to the radiator/tranny cooler/etc. I have had issues with mine at highway speeds...

I went with a DetoursUSA backbone and love it. It isn't a full bumper but it reinforces the front frame section/steering box area, provides pull points and a place to mount a winch. You can use it as a base to build a full bumper from later on.

I've not had any cooling issues with the unit even though the Superwinch EP9.0 sits in front of the radiator. My XJ is a 1988.

Action fab makes a clearance bumper that keeps the winch out of the way. landlfabrication is a vendor over at cherokeeforum that has great prices on their bumpers.

I like my new JCR pre-runner winch bumper, the bumper tie ins are the best i've seen and can be held in by 14 bolts, and its gusseted pretty nicely.

I'm building one because I had the metal sitting around... But if I were to buy one I'd go JCR, I really like their design and their brackets that tie into the swaybar mounts.

My co-worker has a Rigid FWB on his XJ I was planing on putting a JCR on my XJ, but after seeing the Rigid. I will be going with it instead. and he is local to me also so no shipping

Back