• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone use Offset Leaf Perches?

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking to scoot my axle back just a tad and have seen many places selling offset leaf perches... Im actually leaning towards using TNT's Ubolt eliminators which also have the offset option...

I need the clearence on the front of my rear fender....

Anyways, i cant find anything in regards to pictures of XJ's running them, and I really jsut want to see some application of them.

I know the possible negative effects, but I run no blocks or anything else that could cause axle wrap, I'm not overly worried about the offset perch in that regard.

Thanks
Brian

offset makes it sound like inches.... but yeah the 3/4" or so tnt UBE's offer is small enough to avoid additional problems, assuming your driveshaft isnt on the verge of being too short AS-IS. ruffstuff makes conventional perches that use ubolts, but can be used to stretch wheelbase as well, if your heart isnt set on the ubolt eliminators.

i am running ruff stuff perches on my 8.8 and moved it back an inch using the offset holes. It got me a lot more clearance for the fenders and ive seen no negative affects so far? it works well, just make sure you have the ubolts tight.

stroked 88? would you happen to have any pics, ? i i take it the ubolts both go on the back side of the center pin when looking at the top of the spring?

I am also running Ruffstuff's leaf perches and spring plates, and placed the center pin in the 1" wheel base lengthing spot. With their (ruffstuff) set-up, the top plate and spring perch are drilled for the 1" offset either front or rear. So nothing really changes, the u-bolts don't care where the center-pin is located when you bolt it up as long as everything lines.

good deal, this is what I have been curious about, any pics of the setup?

Never mind the horrible exhaust tip. Its temporary cus my tailpipe got bent and had to be cut off and then it was too short and kept melting bushing on the spring so I had that laying around to extend it just enough...lol. I am using BOR 4" FlexE springs with 1.5" TNT UBEs and the furthest setting of offest (3rd hole)

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00297-1.jpg

EXACTLY what i wanted to see, i appreciate it man! that little bit of difference has a huge effect on the Jeep!!!

Good Stuff, I like those RuffStuff perches, So obviously these don't use u-bolts either? I'd like to support RS all I can, Dan has awesome service!

Back