• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plexiglas supplier in Tacoma.

Hickboii

NAXJA Forum User
I broke out my rear drivers side window on the heep last weekend and have been looking for a local place that does plexiglas. Well I found one, a place called KEL TECH off of 38th and Pine. They are going to use my good window as a template and cut me out two more to replace the glass. They quoted me about 70 each which I don't think is too bad since they are cutting it to fit. They have all different shades and tints from clear to mirrored. I talked to the gal today and she said they would save the templates so that anybody else can just walk in and ask for them without having to bring in a sample. I'm also thinking of having the rear window done too. If anybody is interested their number is 253 472 9654 ask for Kellie Taft, she is the one who helped me.

Where is the COOLER!!

Thanks for posting. That's cool.

So I have some prices. It's costing me $59 for both rear windows tinted and cut to fit. If I had went for straight clear it was gonna be $41 for both. I don't think I could do it myself that cheap. Oh and I have a two door so it will be cheaper if you have the four door with the smaller windows. They can cut any shape too just costs a little more. I was thinking of having all my windows done except the front.

Where is the COOLER!!

Installed today.
aefdd8a1-a773-480a.jpg

Where is the COOLER!!

KEL-TECH is in Tacoma off 38th and pine. They are 1/8" thick and I used they factory window seal to put them back in. I'm not real worried about popping them out if something pushes on them because they flex pretty good and if it pushes on them hard enough to pop em out they would probably be about to break anyway. So coming out is better than cracking. They aren't to bad to install either I'm sure I could put them back in on the trail if needed. Also I talked to them and they said they would ship to anywhere. All you need to do is send them the measurements or a template. They prefer a template. They already have a template now for a 2door but if you have a 4door you will have to send them one. What I would do is pop out the glass you want to replace and trace it on some card paper and then mail it too them.

Where is the COOLER!!

You do know plexiglass tends to break into sharp pieces right? Hope you don't have kids or anyone else that sits in the back. Should have don't some homework and you would have realized polycarbonate is a better material and stronger. Oh and it wont break into sharp pieces that can kill someone.......

Back