• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Step Up bars

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. So I am an old soul and had the seats redone on my car (really nice with my name engraved in them) and I need something to help me get up and into my jeep. I do a little trail riding so I am looking for a step up bar/rocker protection... any ideas. From what I can find its either one or the other (good rock protection with no step up place or cheap step up bar that will bend first pebble that flies up).

As always you guys are great.

Have a great day,
Smiley

Rock bars come in many configurations.
Find one that sticks out far enough to act as a step. If it is built right, it will not bend easily. Something like this;
http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/product.php?productid=17517&cat=250&page=1
Many of the fabricators, selling here, will customize bars. If you want them to stick out an extra inch or two, find someone who will build one for you.

That's what I'd be looking for. Not the tubular 3" hollow jobs, one rock and they're crushed.

The one in the link is both solid and functional, and no one will point and laugh at you.

If I was making my own I'd use 3/16" wall 3"x2" tubes. Attach to the rails and the pinch seam. I've also seen diamond plate on the top for "non'slip". Black or shiny.

e.g. Black for MJ, shiny for XJ

Back