• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight delay

MAY POP

NAXJA Forum User
My new to me 98 2 door has a delay on the headlight shut down. Does anyone know how to turn that function off?The lights will go off if turned off before shutting the key off but if key is turned off before the lights are they stay on for 30 seconds or so. I can hear a relay click when they shut off.
Thanks
Ron

The sentry light feature. Just remember to shut the lights off before you turn the vehicle off. If you do turn the vehicle off and the lights stay on, with the light switch in the off position, just turn the key to the accessory position and it will shut them off.

The delay module is attached to a bracket beneath the dash, near the headlight switch. I'm not sure exactly where, but I think you will find it if you remove the knee blocker under the dash. The factory service manual is not very helpful on the exact location or appearance of the module itself. You can disconnect it, and if all works as you wish, you'll know you got the right one.

The 97-01 headlight delay module looks like this.

56000636 is now 56009324.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back