• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Problems! Help!

Jake Laro

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I will start at the begining, I installed a 4.5 RC lift with full leaf packs and the X-flex control arms. The Kit also came with an adj trac bar. After i Installed the kit i started to take my xj out wheeling and have had a few issues. It seems that every time i go out i come back with the steering wheel cocked off to the side or upside down and i have to adjust it back. Also I have the Trac Bar adjusted all the way out and the axle is still dog tracked to the drivers side. All the fasteners are tight so i dont know why I have these problems. Also I hit a tree at the bottom of an embankment, this certainly didnt help. The lower control arm brackets bent over into the axle. It took a fair bit of tweaking and welding but they are pretty straight now. I still wonder if this has something to do with my front end problems. I just want to get my jeep back to normal/fun driving and keep it there. Any ideas on my front end issues would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!

-jake

Also the control arms have not treated me well. The bushings in the flex end are shot after 6 months use and they cause a clunking noise when accelerating, braking, and hitting bumps.

Back