• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Columbus, IN Meet and Greet

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Ok, Big Hank and I are wanting to get a Meet and greet together in Columbus. The turnout was very small when I moved it to Greenwood so we'll stick to Columbus since its right off the interstate and easy to navigate now that construction is wrapping up. I was thinking sometime before christmas. Dec. 10th and 17th are two good options but let me know what works for you guys. Location is up in the air so throw your ideas out there.

Nice work Flex. It's a busy time of year but it's also a nice time to get away from the normal BS.

I like the dates but I have to share some experiences from the Indiana Gun Owners (INGO) M&G's. Our largest turnouts have been Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings for brunch. Usually right around 20 people counting their family. I prefer Saturdays for brunch because it is easy for people upto 2 hours away.

To anyone interested.... If this happens on a weekend I will be planning to shoot, fish, or hike before or after. Maybe all three.

Brunch and guns? I like the idea!

Hmm, I wonder if I could convince the wife to camp at Brown Co one of those weekends, and do the M&G at a shelterhouse depending on the weather :D

Or drive 10 miles to columbus and eat! :D

Actually yes, i am trying to pick a good date. 10th could work great for me and if all who are coming are over 21 I was thinking about going to the Jonesville Tavern, otherwise known as the brick.

10th it is then, now to find a place. The brick is small and may be packed if we do it any later than noon. Big Stank, what about the gnaw mart? Do they have enough room for a few people? Right now I have Me, Gene(big hank), Brendan, Jeff(browncountyxj), and possibly my buddy/mechanic Donnie. Mike, Pmain, You in on this? I'll see if Josh wants to come too. If anyhone as ideas about food, throw them out there, I'm flexible.

Last edited:
You are FLEXible?

Gnaw Bone sounds great. They have plenty of room in the "dining area" for a crowd like this.

P 'world famous all over the state of Indiana' Main

Nice work Flex. It's a busy time of year but it's also a nice time to get away from the normal BS.

I like the dates but I have to share some experiences from the Indiana Gun Owners (INGO) M&G's. Our largest turnouts have been Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings for brunch. Usually right around 20 people counting their family. I prefer Saturdays for brunch because it is easy for people upto 2 hours away.

To anyone interested.... If this happens on a weekend I will be planning to shoot, fish, or hike before or after. Maybe all three.

You have something going on Dec 17th in the evening...

mac 'don't forget' gyvr

I can handle that!

I think we should plan on a 12:30 arrival time. I think pushing things back just a little will help entice people that are on the fence about drive time.

First time visitors.... Gnaw Mart in Gnaw Bone, IN. Some people and the web will sometimes refer to this as Nashville, IN. I can't find the exact address.

4473-4905 St. Rd. 46, Nashville, Indiana 47448 Just look for the only gas station on the south side of State Road 46 in this area.

This is only 15 minutes from Interstate I-65 and it's literally a world famous sandwich. It's worth the drive! Bring the family if you can't seem to get away.

They now sell gas so please use the parking lot to the west. I have drawn a red box in the desired parking area.... People parking to east really messes with traffic flow.
GnawMart.png

I'm still in. I'll have to leave by 1:20ish. Seems like plenty of time to eat and say hi to all. If my post plans fall through I may be able to hang out longer.

Back