• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for OEM fog lamp (2001) ?

tacottle

NAXJA Forum User
The passenger side (right hand) factory fog lamp on my 2001 XJ has gone bad and I need a new one. I've been looking on the web for a supplier for a new one and I'm seeing many with plastic lenses but I'm looking for one with a glass lens. Can someone point me at a good, reputable supplier?

Thanks.

2001 XJ (Up Country) All Stock

Did the lens break or did the bulb just burn out? You can get the bulbs at any auto parts store.

Basically, the innards have just corroded. When I removed the access cover on the bottom to replace what I thought was a burned out bulb, everything just kind of fell out in a cloud of dust. Over the past decade or so, enough water has gotten in to rust that which can rust.

That's ridiculous. I paid something like $40 shipped for an aftermarket fog. Jeepsareus is probably the only place you're going to find NOS factory parts anymore.

You can watch eBay. Prices are all over the map but sometimes they will pop up for a reasonable price. J

ust be advised that there are two. Driver's and Passenger's side lamps. Lenses are different...

The lenses aren't obviously different (at least on mine), but the mounting brackets are. JrTxJ posted the correct part number for the passenger side. Look for that and you'll get the right light.

If you're a purist and insist on Jeep only parts...understood. I have some nice KC's on my rigs, with interchangable lenses, all the parts, relays etc. for $110. Just sayin'.

Back