• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan?

I've heard 1200, and 1500 for the later model (97+). But I haven't specifically seen it in print.

David Bricker / SYR

get ahold of webdog - he has a sick set-up he sells thru dirtbound offroad..

Unless you're doing something really unusual, the stock setup works the best. I went through all sorts of overheating issues, and the final fix was the stock 97+ setup with a ZJ fan clutch.

David Bricker / SYR

I don't have any overheating issues. I do have the ZJ fan clutch, and just thought the more air I could pull through the better. My stock electric fan broke a long time ago so I just picked one up at auto zone (don't know how much cfm it pulls) and put it in the old shroud and it works but like I said I just thought more is better.

Since you've already replaced the fan, I'd probably leave it. But, otherwise, go to a junkyard, and get the fan and shroud from a 97+ XJ. It has more blades in a curved configuration, and pulls a bit more air.

David Bricker / SYR

So if these really pull that much would it be smart to put one on? That plus the clutch fan would be pretty good wright?
progress.gif

Last edited:
It could be that high. Like I mentioned, I've only heard second (third) hand the CFM rating for the stock electric fan. The link is a good one to follow to understand more about CFM rating and differences between electric fans.

David Bricker / SYR

So like I said before when mine broke I put a cheap one in from autozone, its most likely not pulling even close to that amount? So really you can't beat having the stock one on right, I have never seen a 10" after market fan pull that much.

I'd be leary to trust the numbers from CFR as they don't seem to make sense. In the 10" model, the flat blades make more CFM than the curved but it's not like this for any other size. Typical common knowledge of fans tells us that curved blades will generally produce more airflow than straight all things else considered.

Go to www.cfrperformance.com and look at their 10 inch flat blade fan it says 2000 cfm. Unless I'm reading something wrong thats what it looks like to me.
I have a hard time believing that fan will pull 2000 CFM, especially for $33.99. These have got to be the typical China made fans. I would like to see some real world testing of these, I suspect they would fail to pull more then 1200 CFM.

I'd be leary to trust the numbers from CFR as they don't seem to make sense. In the 10" model, the flat blades make more CFM than the curved but it's not like this for any other size. Typical common knowledge of fans tells us that curved blades will generally produce more airflow than straight all things else considered.
Flat blade fans pull more air but they are loud. That is why there are so many curved blade fans.

Back