• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front turn signal pigtail/socket - Where can I find one?

GDSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone - been a lurker here for a while but finally posting as I'm having an issue with my '00 XJ Sport.

I found, after completing an Autopal/Harness upgrade, that my pass. side front turn signal was at some point damaged. The housing was worse for wear, and one of the bulb sockets was cracked. Well, perhaps when I was moving stuff around, one of the 3 prongs broke off in one of the pigtail sockets:

socket1.jpg

I already got a new housing and a couple of bulb sockets, but I can't seem to find these pigtail sockets anywhere. The dealer says they sell only the whole headlight harness ($$$), and NAPA/Advance don't list this little guy as something they have/can get. No luck in their general Dorman socket/wiring aisle either.

My safety inspection is up and I need to get this fixed. I know searching around the local junkyards is an option, but I'd rather leave that until last. Anyone know where I can find one of these? :helpme:

Thanks!

I've never seen those for sale anywere except for at the junkyard.

I've never had to get a saftey inspection for my rig with the excemption of a smog test (which I just passed with flying colors in California) but do you think they will really pull the headlight out and check the wires. Thats like checking everynut and bolt with a torque wrench.

But it does look like they did heat up or caught on fire a little.

Just my two cents.

Thanks

Back