• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

X-Mas tree run (goat Mtn) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone come help me fix Reptar (my Explorer) so I can go!

FYI, I think we decided to try and do a Toys for Tots event in combination with this run. Paging Crazymoose...

Rod if your up for leading this, feel free to start an official thread in the Staging Area.

I'll throw out a tentative maybe for this run. Just not feeling the vibe this year.

Yes we are. I am breaking my ass and wallet to get my pile together. We already agreed to do the toys run in conjunction with the Christmas tree run, I also am not feeling the love for this run, we have already post phoned this run due to low intrest. I am kind of losing faith in the Northwest Chapter holiday generosity. I can't make you all bring toys and I cant make you all come! Should I take my toys and throw them on the ice at the Winter Hawks game again this year? Or I guess I could drive my pile down to the Sierra Chapter and drop them off with Bryan C

Yes we are. I am breaking my ass and wallet to get my pile together. We already agreed to do the toys run in conjunction with the Christmas tree run, I also am not feeling the love for this run, we have already post phoned this run due to low intrest. I am kind of losing faith in the Northwest Chapter holiday generosity. I can't make you all bring toys and I cant make you all come! Should I take my toys and throw them on the ice at the Winter Hawks game again this year? Or I guess I could drive my pile down to the Sierra Chapter and drop them off with Bryan C
people have lives, wheres the leadership with the toys for tots plan? i've already said i'd love to participate!!

Considering this is this first I have seen of a Christmas tree run. Its understandable why there isn't much intrest yet. I would really like to go on a run and bring some toys...

FYI, I think we decided to try and do a Toys for Tots event in combination with this run. Paging Crazymoose...

Rod if your up for leading this, feel free to start an official thread in the Staging Area.

I'll throw out a tentative maybe for this run. Just not feeling the vibe this year.

If we are going to do the toy drive on the same run, ill leave the details to Crazymoose... I'll bring some toys for sure though !

I just wanted to get a date nailed down. Xmas is right around the corner :eyes:

Tentatively in,

May not get a tree as I'm super picky when it comes to my christmas trees,

Got a couple in the past that gave the charlie brown tree a run for its money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jason, I'll make it easy. December 10th, 9am at the Estacada Ranger Station. Now, you just tell people to bring toys.

people have lives, wheres the leadership with the toys for tots plan? i've already said i'd love to participate!!

We had Aaron, and a couple of other members over the summer talking about helping with this run, Rod also agreed to help, so I guess its all falling on my shoulders at this point? I will need to go back and look at previous post to find out who the other memeber where that where intrested in helping? If any one has free time your imput and help would be apperciated, aside from donating toys labor and ideas are always welcome. Lets not sit here and point fingers at who's taking the lead on this,lets just get it done. The run is set to coinside with the Christmas tree run I will be there!! I will bring my toys and donate the who day to collecting them, looks like Scott is donating toys so at this point we have 3 toys it's a start. :D

I say lets keep with tradition and meet up the same time and place as usual (Ranger Station 0900).

Only change will be toy collection in the morning. I'm assuming Crazymoose will be the official "collector". After everyone's arrived we can load up, and roll out to find some trees.

In years past this run has been more geared toward a snow run than a tree run. Maybe we can talk it over in the morning and split up. Those who want to find some good trees (might not mean finding the deepest snow), and those who just want to find some snow (might not mean the best trees).

I see Crazymoose started a thread in the staging area. I'll edit his original post to include the meeting location and details.

I have been getting tree's from up there for close to 20 years. The best ones I can find are at the end of 4610 on squaw mt. Rd. take a right and 1 road up and another right. noble firs are the skinny ones that have a space between each layer of branches.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back