• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rating/comparing XJ's

cdawall

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at picking up a second XJ to have a his/hers pair for me and the wife. I already have a 1994 short arm lift ~5". Looking at a 1992 with ~6" and some other goodies. What would you give them as trail ratings and who gets which?

1994 XJ

• Teraflex LCA's
  • stock uppers
  • RC adj tracbar
  • 3" coil+2" spacer
  • 4.5" bastard pack XJ+heavy 3/4 leafs
  • ZJ V8 steering
  • 8.8 28 spline, yukon 4.88's stock LSD reshimmed w/ extra cluth
  • D30LP 760x ujoints, new shafts, yukon 4.88's soon to have a yukon air locker
  • chevy front brake lines
  • dakota rear brake line
  • 33x12.50R15 TSL bias ply's (plan on dropping some 315/75R16's shortly)

2011-10-15_11-09-18_281667.jpg

(flares are gone now)

1992 XJ

• RE drop brackets
  • RE adj lowers
  • RE fixed uppers
  • RE HD tracbar/bracket
  • 6" RE coils
  • saggy RE leafs
  • highsteer with dom/heim joints
  • D44 lunchbox locker, yukon carrier, 4.56's
  • D30HP new shafts, 4.56's elocker locker
  • all ujoints are tom woods yellow caps
  • PSC pump/cooler
  • stainless brake lines
  • 35x12.50R15 creepy crawlers

IMG_5335.jpg

1st off, i liked pictures i found of your green jeep with the ford edge rims so much i went out and bought me a set.

second off I like the 92 better, only because of the lockers and highsteer (but the TJ flares almost make them even)

Geez, those flares are fugly! I've seen them look ok in the past but those look horrible.

Obviously, the white one SHOULD be more capable but it has A LOT to do with the driver. ;)

Creepy crawlers are way better quality than the tsl's, true lockers are better than any LSD. That being said, they are similar enough in build that the driver could easily make the difference.

here is a pick of the white ones steering...I think he mislabeled it as highsteer looks like a normal crossover steering?

IMG_5337.jpg

It doesn't seem that much more capable to me at least? green is semi locked rear (needs a little brake pedal) and the front is locked locked, white is fully locked F/R other than that i see very little difference...other than the steering box which mines a rebuild with no cooler tho...

Creepy crawlers are way better quality than the tsl's, true lockers are better than any LSD. That being said, they are similar enough in build that the driver could easily make the difference.
thanks for that one that kind of answered my next post lol

1st off, i liked pictures i found of your green jeep with the ford edge rims so much i went out and bought me a set.

second off I like the 92 better, only because of the lockers and highsteer (but the TJ flares almost make them even)

IMG_3792.jpg

those lol? everyone seems to really like them

Last edited:
yours are def in better shape no rock rash, no bubbling clear coat looks good even if the tires are tiny.

100 bucks on craigslist, my treadwrights are on the way! but they measure 30.9 inches tall and my 30x9.50s were 29inches so im fine with it.. i know i can fit 32's (which are basically what i ordered) but for now i enjoy my uptravel

Back