• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Akebono's and Grizzly's, Another WJ Brake swap

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
My turn to tackle the WJ brake swap on my MJ project.
Ive got these Grizzly wheels off a TJ
t6.jpg

wondering if theres any reason they wont fit with the akebono calipers. Anyone have any experience? I dont mind grinding them down a bit.

Also, my assumption is that i dont need the JKS spacers with a 2wd axle. right?

Given it is a 2wd, I would think that you could just swap in the entire WJ brake setup. You would need to redill the disc for the bolt pattern but that is a small thing. Any machine shop can do it on a Mill with a rotary table. It can be done at home also, just be very careful as there is no return from a mistake.

Given it is a 2wd, I would think that you could just swap in the entire WJ brake setup. You would need to redill the disc for the bolt pattern but that is a small thing. Any machine shop can do it on a Mill with a rotary table. It can be done at home also, just be very careful as there is no return from a mistake.

I will be stealing the steering too. The tie-rod end on the pitman arm will fit with no drilling?

No way will i drill my own rotors. Thats one thing i def want done with precision on the proper machinery.

Has anyone had the Grizzly's on Akebono's?

Back