• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 dirty, and one clean...

BushMaster

NAXJA Forum User
Soooo, I put a reman head on the '95 Country 4.0, and noticed the intake runners were all dirty inside. 5 of them were real brown, and the number 5 runner was dirty brown too, but very shiney clean on the bottom of the runner right under the fuel injector... Is that the sign of a leaky injector in #5 ??? Also, right after i shut it off, if you press in the schrader valve on the fuel-rail, it just gets a little dribble of fuel. Put a new Fuel Pressure Regulator on it last night, and nothing else changed. I wonder if I can find a set of NEON injectors at pick-n-pull tomorrow on lunch break??? Should i just change the 1 I suspect is leaking, or are they all toast at 230,000 miles?;)

Definitely sounds like a leaky injector. 230,000 on originals? Yea, leaky or not, it's a good idea to replace them all lol. Decent ones can be had at less than $200, heck I'd do it just for the peace of mind.

I've seen a leaky injector blow a motor. On a Ford f150 an injector pintle got stuck wide open and was pissing in gas all the time. The cylinder can only burn so much fuel. Much like sucking in water, the rod bent like ish.

Back