• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker panel rot

Townie

NAXJA Forum User
Just failed inspection-- any sources for new rocker panels? Quadratech offers them for older xj's-- any for 97's & up?

what about some 2x6 .120 wall 62.5" long?
that way you get some nice sliders too?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Mass inspections work but in PA basically a rotted rocker would fail if it has exposed sharp edges that could snag clothing on a pedestrian if you were to hit them. I've seen duct tape used over rust holes to pass. While it looks ghetto its legal in the technical sense of no sharp edges. I've also seen expanding foam sprayed in and left to dry then cut/shaped to match and painted over.

I agree new rockers is the best avenue but if you need to get it to pass until you can get to the body work being a bit creative might get you thru.

I've seen duct tape used over rust holes to pass. While it looks ghetto its legal in the technical sense of no sharp edges.

In NJ that's a no-fly: "Duct Tape is not an approved body filler".

Back