• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension bottoming out easy

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering about this.

I have brand new oem HD coils(with 2" coils) and HD leafs(2" gain using just the leafs), rancho shocks(the lower end model), and I seem to bottom out the front very easy and the rear often also. I can bottom out going over speed bumps when just creeping along some times. It really seems odd to me that the suspension bottoms out so dam fast. It is not my shocks bottoming out, I am definitely hitting the bump stops(I have all 4 new bump stops also).

My shocks seem fine and are maybe 2 years old and show no sign of failure, I have a fairly stiff ride.

Get better shocks. I had the same problem with Rancho RS5000 shocks, too soft on 4x4 trails and too firm on pavement. They are not valved correctly for Cherokees. Just because they "fit" doesn't mean they will work right.

Hmm, I got them because people said they were a stiff shock. In my mind stiff = no bottoming out ha. Guess I will be looking for new shocks sooner than later.

Back