• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Shock Recommendations...

ACME

NAXJA Forum User
'98 XJ with a 3-4" Superlift (short arm ?) lift with an add a leaf in rear and longer springs up front and 31" BFG AT's. Has Pro Comp 3000's that are worn and looking at the Bilstein 4600's, Rusty's hydro's... 90% on road with some trails and occasional chasing/pitting for the race car. Looking for something decent that'll keep the fillings in my teeth... any thoughts, comments or recommendations? Thanks!

Also looking for a stock Gas Tank skid for the '98, let me know how much shipped to 91741

I run the Old Man Emu nitrochargers than came with my OME 3.5 hybrid kit. My jeep rides better than stock and does not lean into corners. I must say that my stock shocks were past due for replacement.

Bilstein 5100's will be a direct replacement. 5125 come in the "eye to eye" configuration. Depends on your mounting style. But go Bilsteins for sure!!!

Any comments on the 4600's or the Rusty's?

Most of the generic white 'hydro' shocks roll off the same assembly line whether they're Pro Comp, Skyjacker, Rusty's, etc. You're better off buying any of the Bilstein models IMO.

Back