• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

#$*%($ nutstrips

fallacist

NAXJA Forum User
I'm installing a hitch, and I ordered a pair of JCR nutstrips.

Something doesn't seem right about the way they're fitting up, unless im totally missing something.. picture time!

first i put them in like this, and it doesnt sit flush...

DNTcQ.jpg

or match up on the frame holes:

sq7Vm.jpg

so that tells me it doesnt fit that way. so next I placed it as so:

vNIv4.jpg

It sits flush, and sticks out. something tells me this is right, because 2 of the holes line up perfectly on the frame. So is the bolt that is sticking out supposed to match up with THIS bolt hole on the bumper:

48IK3.jpg

it would make sense, and I feel like its painfully obvious, but I've done tons of searching and ive haven't noticed this question come up. Just wanted to make sure before I start bolting stuff down.

Re: dammit nutstrips

It's been a while since I messed with mine, but try reversing the order of the nutstrips. They are left and right side related.

In reference to the third picture, try inserting that end, into the passenger side frame rail. As you almost have it installed, you'll have to "tilt" the front end of the nutstrip, as this will "seat" the nutstrip "hump" over part of the frame rail.....

All mounts holes should then line up....

Just installed mine last week. fasteddieyj is correct they go in the opposite way and they do not cover the last hole outside of the frame. Hope that helps.

So I had a moment. I needed to turn the strips around.
They just didn't fit in that way at first- I had to angle them to get them in right.

Probably should get a new user name now...

They are in fact left and right. Based on the OEM ones that I have, the third picture look correct except the bend is in the wrong place. Wait a minute,.... that offset go inside the frame on the OEM ones and as mentioned they are left and right. One nut go outside the frame, then the hump to pass over the piece there then the rest of the nuts go inside the frame along with the little right angle offset.

hitch is in, bumper is on. and decided to hack off the crappy aftermarket fog lights that weren't even wired up along with half the bottom of the front plastic on the bumper. i'd consider today an accomplishment, stoner moment not lacking.

I'd say they were worth the purchase. Well made, and you're supporting small business. The alternative is to thread bolts through your frame on the drivers side, and deal with the stock, rusted out nut strip on the passenger side. Having the JCR nutstrips made this way easy, allowed me to just cut the bolts on the passenger side off and yank it out, since I wouldn't be reusing it.

Glad you figured it out. Don't forget the Anti-seize!

I just got a set to install. Thanks for the pointers guys!

yeah, that totally would have helped out. I def did a search for nut strips, but didn't see that one.

I haven't used anti seize yet, on the lift or anything. I figured most of these bolts I'll be taking off again within the next couple years. gas tank skid, new lift parts etc.. explain to me why I'm wrong?

I just got a set to install. Thanks for the pointers guys!

I have the JCR Nutstrips in mine for when I put my hitch on a couple of years ago. First hitch I put on I made my own nutstrips, but using JCR's made my life MUCH easier!

Back